4. Submit Your Hours Online
Submitting your volunteer hours online with 10K is easy! Simply:
- Visit our partner database and login with your username and password
- Under the "Your Hours" heading on the right side of the page, click "Log Hours"
- Under option 2, click "Find Exisiting Agency" or "Find Existing Opportunity"
- Enter in the name of the nonprofit you volunteered for or the keyword(s) for the opportunity (depending on your previous search method) and click "Search". If that particular organization is not listed, please contact email@example.com.
- Click on the name of the specific nonprofit or opportunity you were involved with.
- Select the time range for your volunteer service. If the event was on a particular day, simply make the start and end date the same.
- Enter in the number of hours of volunteered over the time range you selected.
- Click the "Are you logging these hours for The 10,000 Hours Show?" button.
- Click "Okay" after you have verified that the previously mentioned radio button was selected.
You can verify that your hours were submitted by clicking the "View Your History" link after you log in to your volunteer profile. Hours that are not verified by nonprofits are classified as "Submitted" while hours that are will be labeled as "Verified". Please allow a few weeks after you have submitted your hours to have the nonprofits verify them online. If after at least one month they have not been approved, please contact the nonprofit directly and kindly ask them to verify them for you. If they do not respond after this initial contact, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the concert date has been finalized, we will set a deadline (usually 1-2 weeks before the show) for which all of your hours for that year must be submitted. This deadline will appear in our "News and Events" section on our website.